Why use Hellards?
Hellards has been actively involved in property in Alresford and the surrounding area since 1988. In recent years, the lettings side of our business has grown enormously and is now ranks as one of the foremost lettings agencies in this area. We are large enough to have a generous pool of available properties, but small enough to ensure that we can still offer a personal and tailored service to both landlords and tenants alike. We have a specialist team dedicated solely to the lettings side of the business, who work alongside, and in tandem with, our busy sales department.
From the moment you entrust your property to us, you will receive our undivided attention and can be assured of a professional approach from our experienced team. We will go to great lengths to make sure your property is looked after and this naturally involves us carefully vetting prospective tenants to minimise risk during the tenancy. If we are managing the property on your behalf, we will undertake regular inspections to keep an eye on how the property is being treated and will report back to you if we have any concerns. The property will be looked after, on a day-to-day basis, from our Alresford office, using trusted local contractors, where possible. You will, naturally, be consulted on any major expenditure that we consider necessary.
Our aim is to secure a suitable tenant who will respect and care for your property, as if it were their own. Landlords want their property let speedily, which is why we invest in the best media to find a tenant in the shortest possible time. All properties are up-loaded to Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation, as well as our own Hellards website. We have an actively managed database of tenants who are on the hunt for letting properties in our area. Increasingly, tenants are wanting plenty of information in advance of booking a viewing. We therefore produce detailed floorplans as standard, as well as an informative property brochure with colour photos. This brochure will be ‘matched’ out to prospective tenants via the internet.
In addition, our distinctive ‘To Let’ boards make our properties highly visible, and our prominent window display allows passing foot traffic on Broad Street to see what we have available. Enquiries are dealt with efficiently, with one of the team accompanying viewings and with regular feedback to yourself. We are happy to advise you on preparing your property for marketing, including tips to maximise its presentation and appeal to tenants.
Looking after our clients
There are numerous issues to consider when renting out your property, whether it is for investment or relocation purposes – current legislation, tax implications, money laundering, tenancy deposit legislation, Energy Performance Certificates – all of which can seem overwhelming and daunting. We are here to help guide you through the seemingly complicated process and take much of the paperwork and stress away from you. For your peace of mind, as well as the above, we will ensure the property complies with current legislation with regards to health and safety.
Tenants’ deposits are now required to be held in a Government-backed custodial deposit scheme. Hellards uses the scheme run by Deposit Protection Service (DPS). As well as providing a safe place for your tenants’ deposit, DPS provides a dispute resolution service should a dispute arise at the end of a tenancy.
Levels of service available
We recognise that each landlord will have different requirements when it comes to managing their rental property and, with this in mind, we offer three distinct levels of service to suit those needs:
Tenant Find Only Service
- Three weeks’ rent (min. £600 + VAT), plus £100 for preparation of the tenancy agreement + VAT
- An initial appraisal and advice on preparing the property for letting.
- Marketing and advertising of the property, including viewings by our staff and the subsequent introduction of a suitable tenant.
- Obtaining references through a referencing agency, which includes a credit check, negotiating the terms of the tenancy agreement between yourself and the tenant(s) and liaising with solicitors if necessary.
- Preparation of the appropriate tenancy agreements and obtaining signatures from the landlord and tenant, together with arranging the preparation of the inventory with an independent inventory clerk.
- Arranging for the provision of a gas safety report and electrical check and arranging the transfer of the services i.e. gas, electricity, water and council tax into the tenants’ name(s),(excluding phone lines).
- Receipt of initial tenants’ payment, to include the first rental instalment and deposit, and preparation of a standing order for the payment of future rent.
Rent Collection Service
- 10% + VAT of the gross rent payable under the agreement
- Everything is our ‘Tenant Find Service’, plus:
- Receipt of rent paid by the tenant by standing order.
- The forwarding of rent to yourself, or your bank, after clearance of the funds received.
- The submission of regular statements to you, and your accountant if required, showing rent received and expenditure.
- In the event of rent being 7 days or more overdue, we will endeavour to notify the landlord and tenant of the outstanding amount.
Fully Managed Service
- 12.5% + VAT of the gross rent payable under the agreement
- All of the above, including the ‘Tenant Find Only Service’, plus:
- Repairs and replacements: we will look after all minor and major repairs for you and, where appropriate, obtain estimates for the necessary work for your approval.
- Periodic inspections and reporting to you defects that come our attention.
- Managing your property’s outgoings. We can pay current outgoings such as ground rent, insurance premiums, and service charges or similar contributions to shared expenses (except mortgage liabilities) and account to you regularly. The above is a summary of our services. For a more detailed overview, please click to download our full Landlords’ Terms & Conditions here.